piXserve Enterprise Edition
The Enterprise Edition version of piXserve™ is a highly scalable J2EE application that is full featured and that can accommodate the demanding requirements of the enterprise and of government customers. With this version there are no administrative licensing limits to the number of images or video that can be indexed/searched (subject to the limitations of the hardware on which piXserve is installed)
- Automatic Indexing
Point piXserve to a repository of images and video and automatically index their contents. No manual intervention or data entry required. piXserve “sees” what is in the image and automatically creates records that describe the shape, the position, the size, the color, etc. of the discernable objects in the image. Whatever is in the image is automatically indexed.
- Powerful Search
Through a web browser interface, users login to piXserve, connect to available databases and formulate search queries to retrieve images and specific segments of video files:
- Use an arbitrary image from user’s dektop to search for images/video segments that contain the same or similar items
- Use the mouse to point to an area of the query image to indicate which specific item(s) should be searched for.
- Browse the contents of existing databases, and use any of those images to formulate a visual search query.
- Search images by keyword or “notion”.
- Type a text string to search pictures/videos where that string appears in the field of view
- Perform not only simple but also complex searches (Example: type a text string to retrieve broadcast news segments where that word is visible on the screen, and then use a picture to search those results and retrieve segments where both the text string and the desired visual object(s) are in the same frame. Use AND, OR, and NOT operators to combine up to 6 criteria in a single query.
- Search by file name (any text sub-string that appears in the full path of the image/video file).
- Search by GPS or other external metadata, if available.
- Use piXserve-suggested keywords to describe the contents of a picture.
- Comprehensive Search Environment
Users can prune and save search results for future reference.
- Web Services API
A REST-based API package is available to support integrations with third party applications and workflow environments (sold separately).
- Use Oracle or MS-SQL RDBMs to store piXserve generated metadata records and keywords.
- Use CPU and GPU accelerators to increase indexing throughput